- With over 700 species in Canada, identifying ants can be a real challenge. In Quebec, we mainly can find three species of ants: carpenter ants, pavement ants and pharaohs ants.
- In the past few years, ants have become the most common and one of the most difficult parasite problems.
- Successful ants’ control requires a certain skill acquired through the understanding of their behaviors. To get rid of them, it is important to identify the species of the invading ants before trying to control them.
Types of ants
- Carpenter ants are large and black. They like wood only to build their colony.
- They are normally found outside, usually in trees. They enter your home through unsealed seals or windows.
- Carpenter ants cause great damage to your home since they affect your wooden structures. They must therefore be treated as quickly as possible before they endanger your structure, especially if they end up inside your walls.
- The workers lay their eggs in the fall and spring, the eggs hatch and the young ants move from their main nest (outside) to the nest now located in your home.
- Our technicians will find their indoor and outdoor nests. They will apply ecological and safe products for your health.
- Pavement ants are small and brown, about 1/8 of an inch long.
- They enter houses through seals and leaky windows and seek moisture and food.
- Pavement ants love cement and cobblestones; they nest in their cracks. They are often found around your home.
- Pavement ants can carry germs and disease, so it’s important to get rid of them quickly before they affect your standard of living.
- The use of traps and bait by our accredited technicians is one of the methods used to exterminate them, but each situation requires different solutions.
- Pharaoh ants are of reddish orange color. They are extremely small.
- When they choose your home, you will first find them in very humid places or where sugar is stored. Subsequently, they can be found in any room in your home.
- Only 5 to 10% of the population is visible: it is the workers in charge of feeding the rest of the colony. Killing only visible workers will unfortunately not solve the problem.
- Pharaoh ants do not survive the cold. Their nests are found in walls, in electrical boxes, near pipes and other sources of heat and humidity.
- If we exterminate only visible ants, we kill the providers while the queens move and multiply the nests to compensate for their loss. The situation gets worse in this case. The use of poisoned baits therefore allows the purveyors to bring the poison back to the nest and thus exterminate the problem at its source.
- Each ant species requires specific pest management to be effective. The professionals at Mission extermination, certified and accredited, have the necessary experience to correctly identify your ants and eliminate them.
Make your move
A reliable company
Experience and professionalism