- There are over 4000 types of cockroach species in Quebec. The most common cockroach is the German cockroach.
- Depending on the species, the color of cockroaches can vary from pale brown to black.
- Cockroaches travel in grocery bags and boxes. They migrate from one apartment to another when they become too numerous or when the conditions become more favorable for their survival.
- In just one year, a female can lay up to 150 eggs.
- Cockroaches are incredibly strong insects, they love kitchens, basements and bathrooms because they find the water and food they need to survive.
- There is no direct link between cleanliness and the presence of cockroaches, however, they are themselves carriers of bacteria and can transmit serious diseases to you.
- If you see these little nocturnal critters during the day, there is probably a serious infestation in your household or establishment.
- Household products can kill cockroaches but cannot eliminate their eggs. Since the main problem is their eggs, it is always recommended to use pest control specialists.
- The German cockroach is the most common species in Quebec.
- The German cockroach is the smallest species (0.5 inches) and the one that reproduces the fastest.
- It is striped with two parallel dark streaks. The streaks extend from the top of the head to the base of the wings. It has two very long and very thin antennas.
- The German cockroach eats a little bit of everything. They particularly like starch, sweet foods, fats and meat.
- Once they’ve hatched, the nymph (young cockroach) can live for about four months, and another five months in their adult stage.
- The American cockroach is one of the biggest cockroaches in Quebec. It can measure up to 2 inches in length (2.5 cm). It is often found outside since it is more resistant to the cold compared to the German cockroach.
- Brown in color, it is distinguished by a yellow band which crosses the rear edge of its head.
- It swallows up any edible product (even glue from book bindings).
- The American cockroach likes to hover. Despite the fact that it has wings, it does not fly.
- The brown-banded cockroach is also known as a brown striped cockroach or furniture cockroach. It is named as such because of the brownish bands that cross its front wing.
- It measures approximately 0.5 inch (1.3 cm) in length and is very similar to the German cockroach.
- With a preference for starchy foods, it requires less water than other types of cockroaches. This is why it is less prevalent in restaurants. Since it doesn’t require as much moisture, it’s not only found in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Thanks to its adaptation to drier environments and its omnivorous diet, the brown-banded cockroach can be difficult to control without certified extermination technicians.
- For your discretion, our technicians, certified by the AQGP, arrive at your location in unidentified vehicles.
- To permanently get rid of your cockroaches, they use environmentally friendly products that are safe for your family and prescribed by industry standards.
- The years of experience of our technicians and our assiduous approach ensure effective results, often from the first visit.
- They will explain the potential cause of the infestation and offer some tips to prevent future invasions.
- To prevent cockroaches, we recommend that you keep your kitchen and bathroom always in good condition. Cockroaches seek to settle where they find water (or moisture) and food.
Make your move
A reliable company
Experience and professionalism